<$BlogRSDUrl$>
|

Saturday, May 29, 2004

play-doh gone whack 

"Yesterday I made some of my special suspicious-looking green play-dough for my kids to toot with. It's a slimy recipe: you mix in a tupperware of brussel sprouts, a kg of sauerkraut, a gallon of dish detergent, and a couple of geese for good measure. Then you stir it up whimsically for two nanoseconds or until it becomes nice and grimey. Then you bake it for almost a jiffy (no more!) and let it cool.

It's a big hit with my kids, who like to make things out of it. My son made a toe and a moose out of it, and my daughter made a life-sized replica of her godmother. Then they mashed it all back into a cube and started over again. My son made a wailing possum, while my daughter smeared it all over the fans and the family gerbil. It took me two hundred to get the play-dough out of the fans and the gerbil's hairs, but they had a lot of fun."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter